Oak Furniture Care Guide
How To Properly Care for Oak Furniture
So the journey has begun. You have selected your new oak furniture and are looking forward to the delivery date. There are still some questions though that you are still looking for answers to about how to care for your new furniture pieces...Well look no further, because we at OFCo have put together an owners guide to oak furniture from its arrival in your home the important positioning of the furniture in your chosen room and the ongoing care required for the furniture to achieve that long lasting stylish look that oak furniture will bring to your home.
Where you place your pieces may not really be the first thing that springs to mind when you've just purchased your brand new oak dining table and chairs or other pieces, but it should be! There are certain things that should be done in order to preserve your long awaited purchase.
- Keep all oak furniture out of prolonged direct sunlight - this will avoid the tainting of the colour of the wood by the intense strength of the sun's natural rays
- Avoid contact with any direct heat source such as a radiator as this can affect the stability and shape of the oak wood, and can cause unnecessary drying of the oak timber used in the construction of the furniture
Oak Furniture Maintenance & Cleaning
A little bit of tender care will go a long way in preserving the look and feel of your oak furniture. There are a few hints to follow along the way.
- Avoid using any cleaning products likely to cause burning or staining to the furniture
- In the event of a spillage, ensure that it is immediately wiped down with a slightly damp cloth followed by a dry one - this will ensure minimum impact on the oak wood surface
- Furniture wax can be applied a couple of times a year to retain the look and feel of the wood and retain its original condition
- Avoid direct contact with hot cups and plates to prevent marking and lifting the wood
Oak Furniture Company Special Treatment
Our designers at OFCo have tried to help to reduce the disruption to your hectic lifestyle and aid in the preservation of your purchase by applying a special protective lacquer to our oak furniture to maximise its look and feel and minimise the time you need to spend on cleaning/maintaining your furniture. This protective lacquer has been placed on top of our kiln dried oak in order to preserve the lifespan of your purchase and drastically reduce the need for frequent cleaning and polish.